What is Writing Counselling?
Writing advice? What is that?
Writing advice is an attractive offer for students from all faculties and disciplines. Students can meet specially trained student writing advisors / tutors on an individual basis and they can help in finding answers to questions/queries on scientific and academic writing.
What we can offer with regards to write advice:
- Advice on writing term papers, research papers, thesis (Diploma, Bachelor, Master…), applications, motivation letter and more.
- Individual consultations with tutors to work out solutions to your questions
- Advice on issues in the following areas:
- Finding topics
- Obtaining Literature
- Reading strategies and dealing with literature
- Structuring the written text
- Writing the first draft
- Revision strategies
- Time management and efficient writing strategies
- Language and style
- Citation and incorporation of secondary literature sources
- Feedback to excerpts from your texts
- References for further information (books, websites, workshops)
- Help with writing in a foreign language
What writing advice does NOT include:
- Corrections of work are not possible!
- We do not provide content based writing advice.
- We do not read complete texts.